The Blog Formerly Known as MySpace...Part IV

July 9, 2007 - Monday

"clubbin"

So, I had my first (and hopefully last) experience at what some would call "club." I will preface this particular blog with a few disclaimers...first of all, I want to say that I do not think that drinking is wrong or that you are a bad person if you choose to partake in an occasional alcoholic beverage. Second, I on the other hand do not drink, ever. Last, the following statements are not meant to pass judgement in anyway shape or form. They are simply thoughts that I had just after this experience...

June 30, 2007-Kristen's Bachelorette Party. We started at TGI Friday's for dinner. This was a very fun time. The wait-staff of Friday's sang "Going to the Chapel" for Kristen and that was quite hilarious. Then the craziness began...lol! We left Friday's for The Lodge, a bar at the Power Point Live area of the Inner Harbor. In my vehicle I had Rikki, Kristen's aunt, cousin, and his girlfriend. (yes, I said his...we are probably the only people in the world who had a guy with us for a bachelorette party). I had a feeling we would have a relatively crazy ride home...if I only knew then, what I know now...So we get there and we have our champagne toast (I chickened out and didn't do it). Then, we had our round of shots for the bridal party (chickened out again). So here I am, at a bar, not knowing what to do. I decided that it would be my job to be the "mom" of the evening. This meant that I spent the next few hours watching those who were with us like a hawk. I was so afraid that someone was going to get kidnapped or something...Thankfully Rikki was stuck there with me so she kept me company (even though I'm sure she would have loved to have been at home, we did have fun making fun of other people). Then around 2 am or so, we finally get to head home. Just about everyone in our car was a little wasted so it was a really funny ride home. I don't know that I've ever been around a crazy drunk before, but it was pretty funny.

Fast forward three hours...I was getting ready for church, wishing I had had more sleep and regretting the fact that I had stayed out so late. I got to church and went into the service. We sang one of my very favorite songs called "Sing to the King." Part of the chorus sings, "Come let us sing a song, a song declaring that we belong to Jesus, and he is all we need." This got me to thinking...Just a few hours prior to this, I was surrounded by hundreds of people who were drinking and partying and having a grand old time, but why? I was suddenly full of gratitude for the fact that I have Jesus in my life and that He really is all I need. I don't need to go out and drink and look for something else to make my life feel complete because it already is. I don't know that I am always all that thankful for the fact that I knew at a young age that I needed Jesus in my life and that I was going to make my life revolve around serving God, but this was definitely one of those moments. I felt a strong need to "blog" about this because I didn't know what else to do with these thoughts. Yes, I am totally a "goodie goodie," but I am glad about that. Again, I don't think there's anything wrong with drinking and having a good time. Now, I do think that if you're getting drunk and things like that, there is a problem there, but that's a different story. I am just thankful that my life is the way it is...clubbin' is not for me and it's a good thing because I am pretty bad at it...

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Jennifer's Blog. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.